Captain Cole D. Johnson is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies and the Officer for Air Force Reserve Officer Training Course (ROTC) Detachment 415 located at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. He is responsible for recruiting, educating, mentoring, and inspiring over 70 prospective officers to become the highest quality leaders in the United States Air Force.
Capt Johnson received his commission from ROTC at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, in 2013. He has served in several capacities within the Logistics Readiness Squadron and deployed in both tactical and staff roles.
2013 Bachelor of Arts in Busisness Administration, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
2018 Master Degree of Liberal Arts, Baker University, Overland Park, Kansas
2018 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
1. March 2014 - January 2015, OIC Plans and Programs, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy.
2. February 2015 - October 2015, Assistant Installation Deployment Officer, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy.
3. November 2015 - October 2016, Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants Flight Commander, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy.
4. November 2016 – March 2017, Materiel Management Flight Commander, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy.
5. April 2017 – August 2018, Deployment and Distribution Flight Commander, 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah.
6. September 2018 – March 2019, Executive Officer, 75th Mission Support Group, Hill AFB, Utah
7. April 2019 – November 2019, Vehicle Management Flight Commander, 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
8. December 2019 – June 2020, Director of Operations, 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
9. July 2020 - Present, Education Officer, Air Force ROTC Detachment 415, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minn.
1. September 2017 – April 2018 Installation Deployment Officer, 332 AEW, South West Asia
2. April 2019 – October 2019, Deputy Air Lift Control Team, 609 Air Operations Squadron, Air Mobility Division, USAFCENT, Shaw AFB South Carolina.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
2017 Air Force Sustainment Center General Lew Allen Jr. Award Winner
2018 Air Force Materiel Command Logisitc Readiness Award Winner
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, 22 July 2013
First Lieutenant, 22 June 2015
Captain, 22 June 2017
(Current as of 10 July 2020)